With the recent snow and upcoming cold snap forecasted, the extent of the famed cherry blossom display along the capital’s Tidal Basin is in doubt.
The peak period has been anticipated for March 19-22 and according to the Washington Post,
Even if some blossoms are damaged, that does not mean they are ruined. … Some “damaged” buds might have a brown discoloration around the edges, for example, that is visible only on closer inspection.
Regardless, the National Cherry Blossom Festival will go on, starting on March 15 and ending April 16. Spotlight events include:
- Opening Ceremony at Warner Theater on March 25
- Blossom Kite Festival at the Washington Monument on April 1
- National Cherry Blossom Parade along Constitution Avenue on April 8
- Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival at District Wharf on April 15
Reston Limousine Cherry Blossom Tours
Reston Limousine is offering private trips this year to enjoy the cherry blossoms (we’re crossing our fingers!) and partnering with Okada Japanese Restaurant at One Loudoun to offer Bento Boxes and other meals for your tour. We’ll pick up your Bento lunch before getting your party, then drop you off at the location of your choice at the Tidal Basin so you can stroll along and enjoy the views.
We suggest a traditional Japanese Bento that includes rice, salad, gyoza, half California Roll, and your choice of the following:
- Veggie Bento: Avocado & Cucumber roll, Sautéed Veggies (No Half California Roll)
- Tonkatsu Bento
- Chicken Katsu Bento
- Teriyaki Chicken Bento
- Teriyaki Steak Bento
- Teriyaki Salmon Bento
- Sushi Bento (4 pieces of Sushi including Tuna, Salmon, Albacore, Yellowtail, with Seaweed Salad (no rice)
Here’s how to book your private Cherry Blossom Tour:
- Select your choice of vehicle; with more than 200 vehicles we can accommodate any size group! – click here to view our Virtual Showroom.
- Get an idea of what the rates would be – click here to view our online rate sheet.
- Contact us to book your tour:
- Once you’ve booked, click here to order your Bento box from Okada
- Be sure to let your Reston Limousine sales representative know the driver should pick up your Bento box at Okada! Please note that earliest pickup of the lunches is 10:30 a.m.