Grandale Vintner’s Table has been a favorite fixture on the Loudoun dining scene since 2005 under the seasoned hand of Executive Chef Author Clark, an early innovator in the local farm-to-fork movement. A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Chef Clark describes Grandale’s fare as American Haute Cuisine with a focus on freshness and quality of ingredients in his garden and local resources to star on his seasonal menus.
Located on the grounds of the 868 Estate Vineyards in Hillsboro, Va, Grandale offers a picturesque site for weddings with the added bonus of onsite catering. We asked Chef Clark to take a moment from the kitchen for a quick Q&A:
Tell our readers a little about the restaurant and your catering services.
Grandale Vintner’s Table and Grandale Catering are located on a historic VA farm in Western Loudoun County. Grandale began operation on October 5th, 2005, and has been operated by Chef Author Clark since then. Grandale has been fortunate to grow in a Destination Agriculture Setting and prides itself in sourcing local and sustainable goods. Grandale operates year round and it shares the farm with 868 Estate Vineyards, its sister company.
What trends have you seen when it comes to wedding catering over the years?
Some of the best trends I have participated in are:
- Barn Weddings
- Farm Tables for guest seating
- Comfort Food menus
- Wine Cocktails for Signature Drinks
- Trash the Dress functions
- Wine and Spirit tasting bars at the reception
What are the Top 3 pieces of advice you give to couples when it comes to wedding catering?
- Choose a caterer that best suits your needs, based on their reviews and the quality of their food and service at the tastings.
- Talk with your caterer about late night snack options to keep the party going.
- Explore options for a pre-ceremony welcome beverage. Treat your guests to cold drink in hot weather to quench their thirst or a hot drink in cold weather to warm them up!
For more information about weddings at Grandale Restaurant, visit their website at www.grandalerestaurant.com/weddings/.
For more information about Grandale catering, contact Catering Sales Manager Kylie Beck at 571.232.7672 or click here to email her.