As summer comes to a close and we move into the crisper, cooler days of autumn, we’ve put together some of the top 5 seasonal activities in the Washington DC metro area, from sports to harvest festivals to concert highlights. Whatever the occasion, we have your limo, party bus and even coach bus to take the largest groups anywhere in the region and beyond. Avoid the hassle of tolls, traffic and parking – let us take you in comfort and style to any of these fall activities!
Catch a Home Game
In DC women’s sports, we’re cheering for the Washington Mystics as they battle the Las Vegas Aces in the playoff seminals. Catch them Sept. 19 at Entertainment and Sports Arena – we’re hoping not to get to the fifth game, which is the next home game in this best-of-5 series.
We’re also in the final weeks of Major League Baseball as the Washington Nationals wrap up the regular season on Sept. 29 against the Cleveland Indians. Celebrate – or commiserate – by getting a group of family or friends together to root for the home team.
In other DC sports news:
- The Washington Redskins have dropped the first two games of the season – all the more reason we need to get to FedExField and bring that Hail to the Redkins spirit. Next home game is Sept. 23 versus the Chicago Bears.
- Preseason games already have started for the Washington Capitals, with the home opener taking place Oct. 5 against the Carolina Hurricanes. If you’re a fan of women’s hockey, we can take you up that same day to Danbury, Connecticut, where the Buffalo Beauts challenge the Connecticut Whale in the National Women’s Hockey League season opener.
- Basketball returns to The District with the Washington Wizards’ preseason home game on Oct. 7 against the New York Knicks.
Experience Fall Foliage
Break out your camera to capture colorful autumn landscapes in the nation’s capital and beyond. We can take you on a DC sightseeing tour, dropping you off at the best sites to take a selfie, like the National Mall, National Arboretum and Rock Creek Park. Click here for a list of the most Instagrammable spots in The District.
In Northern Virginia, you have a wealth of opportunities from area lakes to scenic drives to spectacular parks. Click here for a list of locations where you can hike, walk or drive your way to wonderful views. Of course, we can also you take on fall foliage trips – let one of our professional drivers worry about traffic as you wend your way through Skyline Drive, enjoying drinks and dining in our comfortable vehicles. Some of them even have a table for your dining convenience – be sure to ask for it specifically when booking with your sales representative.
Hoist your steins and wear that lederhosen proudly as the DC region parties German style with a host of events throughout the region. Below are some highlights of festivities – if you need a designated driver, we’re always here for you!
- In DC, visit Biergarten Haus on Thursday nights though Oct. 11 to compete in a stein hoisting competition to win prizes including liter steins, gift cards, and Redskins tickets. Click here for more DC Oktoberfest events.
- In Loudoun County, the historic German settlement of Lovettsville puts on one of the best Oktoberfest celebrations in the world – this year’s event takes place Sept.. 27-28. Click here for more Loudoun events.
- In Fairfax County, Fort Belvoir opens the gates of the U.S. Army base to the public for their annual Oktoberfest Oct. 3-6. Another option on Oct. 5: the Town of Vienna’s annual volksfest.
Explore Fall Festivals
There’s always something to celebrate this season, from harvests to annual cultural events. Below are some highlighted events and activities from throughout the DC metro area that we would love to provide transportation to:
- Mount Vernon Fall Wine Festival: Oct. 11-13
- All Things Go Fall Classic: Oct. 12-13
- Capital Brewfest: Oct. 19
- Virginia Wine Festival: Oct. 19-20
- Maryland Renaissance Festival: weekends through Oct. 20
Enjoy a Concert
Headlining acts from Carrie Underwood to The Chainsmokers take to stages throughout the DC area – and we’ve got your concert limo or party bus to take you there! Going to an outdoor concert? No worries, we can put chairs, blankets and picnic baskets in in the trunk or luggage space of our vehicles. Here are some highlighted concerts in the region:
- Tarara Summer Concert Series continues on Saturday nights, culminating on Oct. 5 with a 20th Anniversary Music Fest that includes live performances by several bands.
- The Anthem DC hosts Silence the Violence Benefit Concert on Oct. 11 featuring Katy Perry, Norah Jones, and more.
- WMZQ Fall Fest features Brantley Gilbert as the headliner at the Oct. 12 show at Jiffy Lube Live.
- At Capital One Arena, catch Carrie Underwood on Oct. 4 and The Chainsmokers on Oct. 15.