Let us transport you and the whole family to a Christmas wonderland at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square in Pennsylvania, one of the premier botanical gardens in the country!
Make sweet memories as you enjoy exhibits of Longwood landmarks recreated in gingerbread, stand beneath towering trees adorned with gingerbread ornaments and indulge in the candy-laden Music Room overflowing with holiday cheer.
We’ll save you the drive with our day trip package scheduled for Dec. 10 and 28. The package includes round-trip transportation on our comfortable buses and admission to the Garden; cost is $54 for adults, $42 for students ages 5 to 22 years, and $35 for children 4 years and younger.
Here are just some of the attractions the whole family will enjoy:
- The Christmas Railway features a marvelous landscape and fanciful miniature railway in the outdoor Idea Garden.
- Also in the Idea Garden, the Bee-aMazed Children’s Garden offers young visitors yet another way to have fun in the Honeycomb Maze, Flower Fountain and Buzz Trail.
- Three fantastic tree houses will entice the young and old: The Canopy Cathedral is an ornate two-story house inspired by a Norwegian church overlooking the Italian Water Garden; the Lookout Loft is a wheelchair-accessible, rustic Adirondack-style treehouse in the shady Forest Walk; and the Birdhouse, located in the Terrace Woodland, offers birdâ€™s-eye views of the surrounding natural landscape.
- Outdoor Christmas lights come on at 3:30 pm every day.
- Indoors, kids can explore the hidden secrets of the Children’s Garden with a scavenger hunt. Discover a xylophone in the Grotto Cave and play with other musical props throughout the Garden.