The best way to enjoy holiday light shows in DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland is with a custom tour to one or more destinations. You can rent a vehicle to tour your favorite neighborhood light show or take the family and friends to one of the big commercial shows in the area. With more than 250 vehicles, we can provide transportation for any size group!
- National Christmas Tree: The official lighting ceremony takes place Dec. 5 and will be lit daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight – find your state or territory’s ornament at the America Celebrates display, which surrounds the National Christmas Tree.
- Zoolights: More than 500,000 environmentally LED lights transform the National Zoo into a winter wonderland with a new interactive art exhibit this year called “Entre Les Rangs” from Nov 29-Jan. 1.
- Enchant at Nationals Park: The baseball stadium hosts what’s being billed as “The World’s Largest Christmas Light Maze and Market” – which apparently includes an ice rink – from Nov. 22-Dec. 29
- Bluemont Vineyard Lighting of the Vines: Bluemont’s stunning daytime views are lit up in the evenings with the spectacle of more than 10,000 vines decorated by holiday lights. Enjoy tastings and the light show in DC’s Wine Country daily until Jan. 1, 2020.
- Village at Leesburg’s Spectacular Musical Tree: Bring the family to enjoy the sights and sounds of a 5-story Christmas tree with light shows set to music. The show takes place on the hour from 12-9 p.m. through Dec. 31. On Fridays and Saturdays, free horse-drawn carriage rides are offered to take see all the center’s holiday decorations.
- Georgetown GLOW: This historic DC neighborhood is lit up for the season with the region’s only curated exhibition of outdoor public light installations from 5-10 p.m. nightly Dec. 6- Jan. 5.
- Alexandria Holiday Boat Parade of Lights and The District’s Holiday Boat Parade: Both take place on Dec. 7 at their respective waterfronts.
For more ideas on holiday activities in the metro DC region, click here.