Reston Limousine CEO Kristina Bouweiri, a 2007 Enterprising Woman of the Year and a Enterprising Women board member, invites colleagues to nominate women business owners in our area for the 2013 Enterprising Women of the Year Award, which recognizes women entrepreneurs around the world and is considered one of the most prestigious recognitions for women business owners.
Nominations can be submitted online at www.enterprisingwomen.com by Friday, Nov. 30.
Winners and honorable mention recipients will be celebrated at the 11th Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration will be held April 3-4, 2013, in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Winners also will be featured in the special Spring 2013 commemorative awards issue of Enterprising Women magazine.
Here are details from Enterprising Women:
Businesswomen are eligible for the award if they have been in business at least three years and meet any of the following criteria:
- their company is at least 51 percent owned and managed by a woman;
- they are a woman who owns, manages and controls the business with a partner, and they own at least 33 percent of the business; or
- they are a woman entrepreneur who leads a company that has obtained venture capital and, as a result, they now hold an equity position of less than 51 percent in their company.
Nominees will be judged based upon: 1) the revenue growth of their company; 2) the leadership they have exhibited in their local communities and/or at the state, national or international levels; and 3) the ways in which they have given back to the women’s business community by mentoring or supporting other women in business.
Nominees may enter in one of five categories, based upon their projected 2012 revenues:
- businesses with up to $1 million in annual revenues;
- businesses with more than $1 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues;
- businesses with more than $5 million and up to $10 million in annual revenues;
- businesses with more than $10 million and up to $25 million in annual revenues; and
- businesses with more than $25 million in annual revenues.