Congratulations to the Northern Virginia wineries that recently took home medals in the 2010 Virginia Governorâ€™s Cup Competition, which took place at Lansdowne Resort!
Unlike previous years, only red wines were tasted at the Jan. 23 competition; Virginia white wines will be judged later this year and announced in conjunction with October Virginia Wine Month.
The following wineries on Reston Limousine’s public wine tour schedule were judged among more than 200 entries from 61 wineries from around the Commonwealth.
- Pearmund Cellars 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sunset Hills Vineyard 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Notaviva Vineyard LLC 2008 Celtico (Chambourcin)
- Veramar Vineyard 2008 Ameritage
- Dry Mill Vineyards & Winery 2008 Merlot
- Pearmund Cellars 2007 Petit Verdot
- Pearmund Cellars 2007 Amentage (Red Table Wine)
- Notaviva Vineyard LLC 2008 Cantabile (Cabernet Franc)
- Veramar Vineyard 2008 Cabernet Franc Free Run and 2008 Cabernet Franc
- Fabbioli Cellars 2008 Cabernet Franc Reserve and 2008 Cabernet Franc
- Veramar Vineyard 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Casanel Vineyards 2007 Chegada Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dry Mill Vineyards & Winery 2008 Chambourcin
- Fabbioli Cellars 2008 Tre Sorelle (Meritage Red)
- Veramar Vineyard 2008 Merlot Free Run
- Casanel Vineyards 2007 Chegada Merlot
- Casanel Vineyards 2008 Batucada Norton (Rose)
To visit these wineries and sample their award-winning wines, book a seat on one of our upcoming public wine tours every Saturday Sunday. To view a schedule of wineries and reserve your seat online, please visit our online Calendar at our Web site at www.restonlimo.com.