President & CEO
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone | 703.478.0500 x511
LinkedIn | Kristina Bouweiri
Twitter | @restonlimo
Facebook | Kristina Bouweiri
Google Plus | +Kristina Bouweiri
Printable Bio | Download PDF
vCard | Kristina Bouweiri
President & CEO Kristina Bouweiri is the sole owner of the Washington DC metropolitan area’s largest luxury transportation provider. Thanks to Kristina’s innovative business strategies over the last two decades, Reston Limousine and Travel Service, Inc. has enjoyed continued growth despite regional and national economic downturns. Starting with the diversification into wedding transportation in 1990, Kristina has expanded the business into new market segments such as government contracts and group transportation. Even as shuttle contracts led to exponential growth for the company, Kristina created new markets on the charter side, such as the company’s signature wine tours in what is now billed as DC’s Wine Country.
Bouweiri also has led the company’s commitment to implementing the latest in technology trends. The leading private transportation provider in Washington DC when it comes to technology, Reston Limousine utilizes cameras on its bus fleet, GPS in all vehicles and TrafficLand software to monitor DC area traffic patterns. Kristina also has been an early adopter of social media, from blogging to social sharing sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, Instagram and more. Through LinkedIn, Kristina leveraged her international network to launch the company’s global services, which provides worldwide transportation through a vetted affiliate network.
An active business community leader, Kristina is a board member of influential civic organizations and business publications such as the DC Chamber of Commerce, SmartCEO magazine, Inova Loudoun Hospital Foundation, and Enterprising Women magazine, among others. She also is a member of the Dean’s Council of the George Mason School of Business, where she helped launch a Women’s in Business Initiative program to support students, alumnae and other businesswomen. The Washington Business Journal named Kristina one of the 50 most powerful and influential women in Washington and she has been featured in numerous media and trade publications such as The Washington Post, Washington SmartCEO and Enterprising Women.
As a woman in a traditionally male-dominated industry, Bouweiri has been committed to supporting other women entrepreneurs. She is the founder of the monthly networking luncheon Sterling Women and the annual Virginia Women’s Business Conference – two programs that have helped hundreds of women entrepreneurs and executives achieve their professional goals. She also is an international speaker on topics ranging from business strategy to the use of social media in growing your business, including at the Global Summit of Women in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Her recent awards include George Mason University Outstanding Leadership Award, Heroine of Washington, Washington Business Journal Power 100, and National Operator of the Year. See below for a complete list of her achievements.
- 2015 Outstanding Leadership Award, George Mason University School of Business
- 2015 Heroines of Washington (Professional Services)/March of Dimes
- 2015 Power 100 (Connector)/Washington Business Journal
- 2015 Top Women-Owned Businesses in DC/Washington Business Journal
- 2015 Top Executive Transportation Services in DC/Washington Business Journal
- 2015 Legacy Entrepreneur of the Year/EPNET
- 2014 National Operator of the Year/LCT Magazine
- 2014 Most Admired CEO/Washington Business Journal
- 2014 Washington SmartCEO Future 50
- 2013 Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, International Women Entrepreneurs Challenge Award
- 2013 Washington SmartCEO Future 50
- 2009-1013 Washington SmartCEO Top 100 CEOs
- 2012 DC Chamber of Commerce, Business Leader of the Year
- 2011 NOVA EXEC, Top 20 InNOVAtors:
- 2011 Loudoun County Good Scout Award (first woman to receive the award)
- 2010 Ernst & Young, Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
- 2010 Washington Business Journal, Top 50 Influential Women of Virginia
- 2010 Washington SmartCEO, Circle of Excellence Award — Philanthropy
- 2009 Washington Business Journal Philanthropy Award for CEO Leadership
- 2009 Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce, Community Service Award
- 2008 Phenomenal Women’s Alliance, Phenomenal Women’s Award
- 2008 Greater Washington Women’s Network, Woman of the Year
- 2007 Enterprising Women, Woman of the Year, 2007
- 2007 Outstanding Woman of Loudoun County for Business Development
- 2007 Washington SmartCEO, Brava! Award (inaugural year)
- 2004 Washington Business Journal, Women Who Mean Business, 2004 (inaugural year)
- 2003 Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, Best of Reston Award for Community Service, 2003